Thursday, May 14, 2009

Multiple Exposure

I've been experimenting with daylight long exposure settings. You can do this with a Nutral Dencity Filter (absorbes much of the light), but I don't have one, and it wouldn't allow you to get the ocasional distinguisable face. Everythign would be a cloud unless the kids held still for a few min. Any way I developed a technique to do it with out a ND Filter. Let me know what you think.

The living room was a little easier because it was not as bright as outside.

This on is of Noah and Joshua swinning on our swing in the backyard.

Joseph game me this idea of trying chess as a repetitive motion.

4 comments:

Mike said...

How did you keep your head so still? That's hard when you're moving even just an arm.

aarastas said...

I've been painting myself silver and standing on street corners for the past little while to practice :)

Like Sarah is fond of saying during the FBI scenes where they have this fuzzy picture of the bad guy and some smart agent points to a spot and says "can you enhance this? And now Sarah's quote for the computer lackey "Sure I'll just hit F9"

Anyway Photoshop helped out a bit with a little F9 action.

After I combine multiple medium exposure shots to make a long exposure shot they are layered on top of each other and I can pick what layer I want to dominate the space. For the arms I blended the layers for the face I chose the one that I was most still in.

Meghan said...

That is just awesome looking. Probably my favorite you've done yet.

Unknown said...

the coolest thing about those pictures to me, other than the skills :), is the time in two dimensions concept. telling a history or story in two dimensions is pretty cool. i was going to say writing was a one dimensional way but it's really 2 as it happens over time, sure a picture is processed over time but not the same way, it's processed fairly quickly so take time out of it, but you are telling a time story in two spacial dimensions. pretty cool. you're the artist but my opinion, try to tell 4 dimensional stories with your two dimensional artwork. pretty cool

 
# Google Analytics Tracker # End Google Analytics Tracker