Monday, June 22, 2009

Some fun


For a while now I've been coming up with some chord progressions with fun rhythms on guitar but have never really been able to put any of them to words. I figure since there are those blessed with the poet's quill maybe we could do a collaborative effort to write some songs. I think it would be fun to try it at least. Meghan and I had some fun last time I was at Grandpa and Grandma Nielsen's house coming up with some lyrics to a song about vampires (only joking though). Anyway, so I planed to upload some videos and then wait for those of you with some writing talent to send (or post) some lyrics. What ever you felt the song sounded like (love song, lulluby, silly...). But I found some really good lyrics and decided to run with it. I hope there isn't any copy right infringement but I think I'll be okay. I almost didn't post them because of that effect where you sound really weird to yourself when you hear a recording. Well you sound even worse when you are singing into a poor microphone.

6 comments:

Arwen said...

I wish that you can come over some time because I really like that song. I wish that Austin and Jack can come too and your whole family. I really like that song that you made about my story.

I love you

And I hope their baby brother can come too.

Unknown said...

Arwen keeps saying over and over again about how you made her famous!! That was really fun!! We probably listened to those a hundred times!!

Anonymous said...

Nice. I need to pick up the guitar and learn to play an F cord.

Matthew

aarastas said...

Austin's a great backup singer...I like the first one the best because of that.

I'll work on some lyrics...but I think perhaps the kids will put us to shame.

Mike said...

I like the first one for that reason too. Austin was pulling on the guitar strap the whole time but I didn't want to stop because his back up singing was the best part. I feel that Arwen's lyrics do lend themselves better to the second style though. I went with the love song feel for the first one because I had to fit in the "I love you Boo" line.

Meghan said...

Nice tunes!

 
# Google Analytics Tracker # End Google Analytics Tracker