Saturday, February 12, 2011

Born to Run: The Hidden Tribe, The Ultra Runners, And the Greatest Race the World Has Never Seen

For all of you that are intrigued by running, barefoot running, racing, molding yourself into a healthy eating running machine, the evolution of running, or better running form, this is the book for you! I have been so excited and amazed by this book that I haven't put it down! I'm not even finished with it yet and here I'm posting about it! It amazes me the things the human body can do, for ex: 135 mile runs through Death Valley! Entertaining, enjoyable, and motivating. Anyone who runs or wants to run, needs to read this book!

7 comments:

aarastas said...

Yes, I loved it too. Michael recommended it to me. I've recommended it to a few running partners. Was going to post here but got distracted.

PC. (post comment): I've been running "barefoot" for a while now and like it. I hope to get my foot muscles built up to do a 1/2 marathon coming up pretty soon. I'm not sure I'll be brave enough for the marathon I want to do this year. It's a trail run.

heidi nielsen said...

We totally use chia seeds now. They do give your a drink a pretty fun consistency.

aarastas said...

where do you get chia seeds? I want some.

Anonymous said...

I need to read the rest of the book, in fact I need to start running again. It is amazing what the human body is capable of

Mike said...

We have pounds and pounds of chia. Many whole food type stores will carry them and if not you should request they do. Heidi gets them for cheep when they go on sale. I've looked them up on nutrition sites and they do have omega 3 fatty acids (not as much as fish oil) and a bunch of other good stuff in them. I drink 'em daily.

Mike said...

So what part of you wants to be like Caballo Branco? Just take off and run without a care? I want to take off and do the Appalachian trail barefoot (hiking not running) but I just can't seem to find 6 months where I could take heidi to do it. Oh, and does anyone want to watch 3 little blond angels for 6 months? Didn't think so.

aarastas said...

If it we're not for family I'd be very tempted to go caballo, if even for a sabbatical or something.

 
# Google Analytics Tracker # End Google Analytics Tracker