Tuesday, October 24, 2006

50 Word Stories


I know it's behind me, not watching me, it has no eyes. Then, out of nowhere, it's stunted figure appears, stubby arms flailing. Slowly, silently, it takes on the form of a man, then stretches out into a distorted gangly shape evaporating into the darkness. My heart races. I run.

~ Aaron

Do we need all these options? I want only the best. A better model comes out every year, why not get a cheap base model and upgrade yearly? Have you seen the cost of upgrades? Right, let’s go high end. Where’s the salesman?Doctor, we’re ready to have a baby.

~Matthew

Jump, Jump, scurry, swing, swing, grab. Success, joy, triumph! Mmmm, delectable treat! Worth every risk! What’s this, a bug? Hazah! Another prize. Footsteps? Familiar odor? Wait, oh no, a fellow foe coming to steal my prize! Must escape, hurry, grab precious prize! Scurry, climb, jump, swing…Oh look, another bug! Victory!

~Meghan

So warm, so nice. Oh look, the farmer, ouch! Its dark, its cold! Oh look, it’s farfnuckle! Now who’s this, hey, no pulling! Ahh, its warm again. What’s that shiny thing? Ouch! Finally, peace, but wait…I’m sinister, what has changed? I think I’ve lost weight too! So warm, I’m glowing!

~Meghan


10 comments:

Bethany said...

I don't know really, is it a shadow?

Anonymous said...

Yes. I thought it up when I was jogging at night under lamp posts.

Bethany said...

Here's one I whipped out.




Do we need all these options?
I want only the best.
A better model comes out every year, why not get a cheap base model and upgrade yearly?
Have you seen the cost of upgrades?
Right, let’s go high end. Where’s the salesman?

Doctor, we’re ready to have a baby.

Meghan said...

scary bethany! But I like it!

Meghan said...

As lame as they may be, here are some I did pretty fast, can anyone guess the narators?

Jump, Jump, scurry, swing, swing, grab. Success, joy, triumph! Mmmm, delectable treat! Worth every risk! What’s this, a bug? Hazah! Another prize. Footsteps? Familiar odor? Wait, oh no, a fellow foe coming to steal my prize! Must escape, hurry, grab precious prize! Scurry, climb, jump, swing…Oh look, another bug! Victory!

So warm, so nice. Oh look, the farmer, ouch! Its dark, its cold! Oh look, it’s farfnuckle! Now who’s this, hey, no pulling! Ahh, its warm again. What’s that shiny thing? Ouch! Finally, peace, but wait…I’m sinister, what has changed? I think I’ve lost weight too! So warm, I’m glowing!

Anonymous said...

Hmmm, maybe I could get the 2nd one if I knew what a farfnuckle was.

Meghan said...

The first one is a monkey and his prize is a banana! The second one is a pumpkin that is carved into a jack-o-lanter. Silly I know, but I thought the first one was fun! I wrote them in like 5 minutes when I was avoiding studying!

Anonymous said...

This is the 3rd time I've posted this comment AAron!! Anyways, I like the pumpkin one Meg. I figured what was going on. Good job...what is farfknuckle? That's my only question.

Meghan said...

Its just a fellow pumpkin he recongizes. I just like that name! I'm impressed you figured it out, you're awesome.

Unknown said...

against astronomical odds. growing, learning, wondering. many choices, directions, pathways. experience, opinion, change, struggle. more knowledge. hormones racing, change accelerating, all knowing. certainty, absoluteness. change, a kick in the teeth, less knowing, doubt..., struggle, uncertainty. experience, uncertainty. i know less and less, uncertainty, despair, happiness. despair, happiness...?...! permanent temporal fulfillment.

think that's 50. kind of a quicky, may make no sense lol. may take 2-22 years to appreciate or to not appreciate.

joseph

 
# Google Analytics Tracker # End Google Analytics Tracker