Wednesday, June 10, 2009

Book Review-Samedi the Deafness

Samedi the Deafness is a strange read no doubt. The language of the book is abrupt and lyrical. It is somewhat of a mystery. The strange events taking place and the novel places that creep their way into the main characters life draw you in. It is different from any other book I've read and I like that. You find yourself wondering whether the events taking place are real or if they are delusions that only the main character believes to be real but are not in fact taking place. As the author states in an interview, "Samedi is an investigation of lies and responsibility.” Overall one of my favorite reads, albeit a strange one.

2 comments:

aarastas said...

This was a good book, I enjoyed it. Though I read it among many distractions. I'm not sure I caught half of what the author was going for. Did the ending make sense to you Meghan? Seems like he must have been building up to it, otherwise it was pretty wimpy.

Meghan said...

I remember feeling the same way at the end and committed to reading it again because I read it at work among many distractions as well. However, a year later I haven't gotten around it :).

 
# Google Analytics Tracker # End Google Analytics Tracker