Tuesday, August 04, 2009

Photo Session at the River

I guess these first few shots are mostly performance art captured in photo.  This was a scary bridge to jump from.  We spent a long time looking over the edge before jumping each time.  I thought the composite of all the images taken during the jump captured the feeling the best.  The first is me and the second is Matthew.
~9.8m/s squared #1~
(photos by Matthew processed by Aaron)
~9.8m/s squared #2~
(photos by Aaron processed by Aaron)
~whorl shadows~
(photos by Aaron processed by Aaron)
~water bender~
(photos by Aaron processed by Aaron)

6 comments:

Matthew said...

Cool, how did you do the composite? The first looks like a combo of horizontal and vertical shots. Or is it just cropped? In any case it really doesn't look as high in the photos as it felt in real life.

Matthew said...

It is fun how you can see the acceleration caught in the photos by the distance between each body increasing.

aarastas said...

I uses Photoshop's photo merge to align the photos then unmask the movement I wanted to capture. I've tweaked a little more and think I like the more recent photos better.

I cropped to fit the composite. I just kept vertical with vertical and horizontal with horizontal. Photoshop's photo merge may be good enough to mix them though. I haven't tried.

Meghan said...

Looks like you two are having fun! I'm jealous!

Unknown said...

You two are seriously CRAZY!! (maybe that's why Bethany and I fell for you guys...I don't know...)

Wendy Nielsen Squires said...

Looks like fun and and really taking advantage of life. Hopefully I'll have some adventures to put on here soon. The photography is awesome. Hopefully I'll grow up to be a good photographer/photoshopper one day. :-)
-Wendy

 
# Google Analytics Tracker # End Google Analytics Tracker